AstraZeneca on Thursday showed preliminary data from a test conducted on its COVID-19 shot, Vaxjeveria, produced a higher antibody response against the Omicron variant and others, including beta, delta, alpha and gamma, when it was given a third booster. Given as a dosage. ,
The drugmaker said an increased response was seen in people who had previously been vaccinated with Vaxzevoria or mRNA vaccine, adding that it would present this data to regulators around the world given the urgent need for the booster.
AstraZeneca has developed the vaccine with researchers from the University of Oxford, and last month laboratory studies found that a three-dose course of Vaxazevaria was effective against the rapidly spreading new variant.
The data is the first data the company has released from its trials in its vaccine boosters.
The company said it adds to growing evidence that supports a third dose of its vaccine, regardless of the primary vaccination schedule.
Andrew Pollard, head of the Oxford Vaccine Group, said in a statement, “These important studies suggest that a third dose of Vaxgeveria after two initial doses of the same vaccine, or after mRNA or inactivated vaccines, can prevent the spread of COVID-19.” Strongly boosts immunity against
A major British trial in December found that AstraZeneca’s shot increased antibodies when given as a booster after its own shot or initial vaccination with Pfizer, which is based on mRNA technology.
However, the study concluded that the mRNA vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna produced the greatest boost to antibodies when given as a booster dose.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- For the month of November for Manohar Parrikar
- Karnataka farmer’s sweet revenge after the car showroom is operational
- Arvind Kejriwal launched “Ek Chance Kejriwal” campaign
- Must: In Varmala
- How this lawyer is helping girls teach their legal rights
- Your murder in Lakhimpur Kheri, police protection
- surpassing your godly honor
- Must See: Bride’s Flexible Steps During Varamala
- Politics on silence, Meghalaya’s political leaders sang ‘Ye’
- National Girl Child Day: Actor Taapsee Pannu appeals to the people