New Delhi: Former Uttar Pradesh ministers and OBC leaders Swami Prasad Maurya and Dharam Singh Saini – who resigned this week from the Yogi Adityanath government and the ruling BJP a few weeks before the assembly elections – joined the Samajwadi Party on Friday in the presence of opposition leader Akhilesh Yadav. Have become.
Apart from this, the MLAs who joined the Samajwadi Party were Vinay Shakya and Bhagwati Sagar.
Apna Dal’s Uttar Pradesh MLA Chaudhary Amar Singh on Thursday quit the BJP-led alliance a few weeks ahead of the elections – Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s eleventh resignation in three days. Akhilesh Yadav, who has emerged as an important challenger in UP, has once again benefited.
Seven other BJP MLAs and one MLA from Apna Dal, who is in alliance with the BJP, have also exited the party in the last three days.
The Congress has fielded the mother of the 2017 Unnao rape victim as its candidate for next month’s assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh. The name of the Unnao victim’s mother Asha Singh is also included in the list released by the party on Friday.
While releasing the list, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said, “Our list gives a new message that if you are victim of harassment and harassment, Congress will support you.”
Today the Election Commission will also decide whether the existing ban on rallies will continue or not.
Uttar Pradesh, Goa, Manipur, Punjab and Uttarakhand will go to polls in seven phases starting February 10, with counting of votes to be held on March 10. Voting in all the 5 states will be held amid a huge jump in Covid cases.
Here are the live updates on Assembly Elections 2022:
Ms. Gautam got the ticket within two months of joining the party. She had joined Congress in November 2021.
The party on Thursday released its first list of 125 candidates for the seven-phase assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh to be held from February 10 and 50 women candidates are included in this list.
- Poor Goa performance by AAP, Shiv Sena, Trinamool in the first
- Rae Bareli Sadar MLA Aditi Singh resigns from Congress
- Shobha Ojha, chairperson of Madhya Pradesh Women’s Commission
- BJP slams Manohar Parrikar’s son and Goa minister
- AAP’s Punjab Chief Minister chose Bhagwant Mann to contest the elections
- Congress released second list of 41 candidates
- A few days after AAP, Rahul Gandhi supported Twitter poll on Punjab
- The army sought the help of the Chinese army for the search, returned missing
- Maharashtra religious extremists, for abusing Mahatma Gandhi
- Delay in genome sequencing due to lack of funds for reagents,