According to Drive Tesla Canada, many Tesla owners have complained that heat pumps are failing in extremely cold temperatures.
The report said that heating problems also occurred after Tesla replaced faulty sensors in heat pumps in its 2020-2021 Model 3 and Model Y vehicles early last year.
The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said it is “aware of the issue and is continuing to gather information, discuss the issue with Tesla, and evaluate potential safety concerns.”
Tesla did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
Canada’s auto safety regulator said Thursday it has opened an investigation into the heating and cooling systems of Tesla Model 3 and Model Y vehicles after 16 consumer complaints about its cold-weather performance.
Transport Canada said it is concerned that a malfunctioning heating and air conditioning system “could affect windshield defogging/defrosting and therefore could affect driver visibility.”
© Thomson Reuters 2021
Get the latest from the Consumer Electronics Show on Gadgets 360 on our CES 2022 hub.
- In Uttar Pradesh election pitch, Akhilesh Yadav promised 22 lakhs
- Samsung starts accepting Galaxy S22, Galaxy Tab S8
- Punjab Election 2022 | “Here to save Punjab, with the people”
- UP Assembly Elections | it’s official. Akhilesh Yadav
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC feature has been given in OnePlus 10R.
- Names of 51 candidates in the list of BSP
- Google Now Has a Wordle Easter Egg: Here’s How to Find It
- Uttar Pradesh: Akash Yadav, 300 on campus from Karhal Prakash
- Garden made in western UP, SP Imdwar on 8 posts
- Daughters will inherit self acquired property of father if not