Guwahati: Two days after the North Bengal train accident, train movement resumed from the derailed site today. The main train line for the North-East region has now been restored.
The first goods train passed through this section today. Earlier, the down line track was certified fit for train movement at 20 kmph. The first passenger-carrying train Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express crossed the affected section today.
“The restoration work started on a war footing soon after the completion of the rescue and relief operations under the supervision of senior officers of the Division and Headquarters. Departments like Pee Way, Signal and Telecom and Electrical took the day to replace and restore all the damaged items. -Worked overnight. To start train operations in the shortest possible time by observing all safety precautions, the Northeast Frontier Railway said in a statement.
The Bikaner-Guwahati Express derailed between New Domohani and New Mainaguri sections of Alipurduar Junction Division of NF Railway at 5 pm on 13 January.
Nine passengers were killed and 36 were injured as a result of the derailment. The Railway Minister had reached the accident site yesterday to take stock of the situation. He also visited hospitals and interacted with the admitted passengers. He assured the best possible health facilities to all the admitted passengers. Railways has already paid the ex-gratia amount in the shortest possible time within a few hours of the accident.
- The army sought the help of the Chinese army for the search, returned missing
- Maharashtra religious extremists, for abusing Mahatma Gandhi
- Delay in genome sequencing due to lack of funds for reagents,
- Relative number 2 gone, Akhilesh Yadav thanks BJP for easing
- Mumbai schools to reopen on Monday, same for rest
- Arvind Kejriwal tweets NDTV report, offers Manohar
- For Tesla and India, the “strange standoff” lives up to the budget
- Hair pulled, kicked by pregnant forest workers in Maharashtra
- Utpal Parrikar, son of former Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Air India resumes US flights after Boeing 5G assurance: 10