Irfan Pathan’s statement comes a day after India lost the three-match Test series against South Africa.© Instagram
The Indian middle order feels that this will change, it should be so. But I am a firm believer in keeping the wrist spinner in overseas conditions. Who will have the option of taking solid wickets in any condition.
—Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) 15 January 2022
India’s Test captain Virat Kohli admitted that the batting disappointed the visitors in the Test series against South Africa, but did not comment directly on the replacement of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane in the squad.
“I would say the batting has let us down in the last two games and there is no running away. I can’t sit here and talk about what the future holds (about Pujara and Rahane),” Kohli said at the press conference. ” ,
Pujara had scored 43 in the first innings and nine in the second essay of the final Test, but Rahane failed to make a mark in both the innings as he scored nine and one in the third game.
Kohli said if a decision has to be taken on the future of both the batsmen, it is the responsibility of the selectors and not the captain.
“You will probably have to talk to the selectors about what they have in mind because it is not my job. As I have said before, I will say again, we have continued to support Cheteshwar and Ajinkya because of the kind of players they are And what has he done in the past in Test cricket,” Kohli said.
“He played important innings in the second Test against South Africa in the second innings which got us the total we could have fought for, so that’s the kind of performance we recognize in the team but what’s on the mind of the selectors and they What do you decide? Obviously I can’t comment on sitting here.”
India won the first Test by 113 runs but South Africa won the second and third Tests to win the series.
Topics mentioned in this article
- “One would be terrified of Virat Kohli who doesn’t have
- Violent protest over railway exam in Bihar, candidates set
- Netherlands fast bowler Vivian Kingma found guilty of ball
- Ghulam Nabi Azad’s Padma Award Raj
- “Fans Want India To Win World Cup”: Sanjay Manjrekar On
- First marching contingent of Republic Day Parade
- Steve Smith praises Ashleigh Barty’s form at Australian Open
- Vedas to Metaverse: The key shown in the tableau of the Ministry of Education
- Republic Day: BSF’s Seema Bhavani team bikes on the day
- Republic Day Parade: Naval tableau depicts 1946 mutiny; Woman