Woman riding scooter dies after slitting her throat with kite string

A police officer said a kite string slit his throat and he died (Representational)

Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh): A 20-year-old woman lost her life as a kite’s ‘chini tar’ (wire coated with powered glass) was slit in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain city on Saturday.

Additional Superintendent of Police Ravindra Verma said that the incident took place at Zero Point Bridge under Madhav Nagar police station area when the woman was going on a scooter with a friend.

The kite string slit her throat and she died on the spot, the official said, adding that the girl who was riding in the back was safe.

A case is being registered and search is on for the kite-flyer. Verma said that the police is also checking the CCTV footage of the area.

Police will also take action against suppliers and sellers of powdered glass-coated string commonly called ‘Chinese string’, the official said.

The wire is coated with powdered glass to make it razor-sharp and able to ‘bite’ other kites flying in the sky.

But every year around the festival of Makar Sankranti, there are incidents of people, especially bike riders getting cut, sometimes fatal.

In many places the use of such wire is illegal.

(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

    ,

Source link


What Do You Think About this News