Latur: A court in Maharashtra’s Latur district has sentenced eight people to life imprisonment for brutally killing a 35-year-old man over a dispute over Rs 500 in 2018.
First District and Sessions Court Judge AV Gujrati on Thursday convicted eight accused, including a woman, under section 302 (murder) of the IPC and other relevant provisions and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
According to the details of the case, the victim Shadul Shaikh is a resident of Anjalinagar in the city and used to drive a food cart and had a long-standing dispute with the accused.
On 14 April 2018, the accused approached the victim and demanded Rs 500 from her, but she refused. It was told that on April 16, the accused called the victim to one of his houses, tied her up, put black pepper powder in her nose, mouth and genitals and beat her mercilessly with an iron rod.
The accused had also consumed alcohol and the woman accused made a video of the attack from the mobile phone.
Police said that the people of the area reached the spot after hearing the cry of the victim and the victim was taken to the government hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead.
The accused Haji Ali Dastgir Syed (38), Yusuf alias Guddu Farooq Sheikh (22), Jabbar Sattar Sayyed (23), Shannu Anwar Sayyed (30), Anwar Dastgir Sayyed, Daulya alias Daulat Babumiyan Sheikh, Salim Nazir Sayyed and Balu Pandit Suryavanshi has been convicted for the crime.
During the hearing, 17 witnesses were examined.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra