new Delhi: The Indian Embassy in Kuwait on Friday slammed Congress MP Shashi Tharoor for retweeting an “anti-India tweet” by a “Pakistani agent” and said such anti-India elements should not be encouraged.
The sharp reaction from the Indian embassy in Kuwait came after Mr Tharoor retweeted a tweet which claimed that a group of “powerful” Kuwaiti MPs had immediately rejected the entry of any member of the ruling BJP from the government of Kuwait. demanded a ban. India in Kuwait.
The tweet further said, “We cannot see Muslim girls being harassed in public. Time for the Ummah to unite.”
Referring to the tweet, Mr Tharoor said on Twitter, “Domestic actions have international ramifications. I hear from friends in the Gulf on the growing Islamophobia in India and the PM’s reluctance to condemn it, let alone take decisive action against it.” Leave it alone. ‘We like India. But don’t make it so difficult for us to be your friends.’
The Indian Embassy in Kuwait took to its official Twitter handle, targeting Mr. Tharoor, saying, “Sad to see an honorable Member of the Indian Parliament retweeting an anti-India tweet by a Pakistani agent who received a Pakistani award.” ‘Ambassador of Peace’ for his anti-India activities. We should not encourage such anti-India elements.”
It is sad to see an honorable member of the Indian Parliament retweeting an anti-India tweet by a Pakistani agent who received the ‘Ambassador of Peace’ award for his anti-India activities. We should not encourage such anti-India elements. https://t.co/e43MAmc50jpic.twitter.com/v3hoL582tL
— India in Kuwait (@indembkwt) February 18, 2022
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi also retweeted the Indian Embassy’s tweet.
Some posts from the unverified Twitter handle also claimed that the protest took place outside the Indian Embassy in Kuwait.
The Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday reiterated its stand on criticism from some countries over the ongoing dress code controversy in Karnataka and said comments from outsiders on internal issues would not be acceptable.
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra