Jake Gyllenhaal is widely believed to be the subject of versions of Taylor Swift’s song “All Too Well”, old and new, but he doesn’t feel like it has much to do with him.
Her newly released album, “Red (Taylor’s Version)”, features an expanded version of the song, first released in 2012. It includes new songs, many of which speculated about Swift’s brief relationship with the actor years ago.
“It has nothing to do with me. It is about the relationship she has with her fans,” Gyllenhaal told Esquire about the song.
He continued: “It’s his expression. Artists use personal experiences for inspiration, and I can’t complain to anyone for that.”
When the song was re-released, it drew negative attention from Swift supporters on Gyllenhaal.
“At some point, I think it’s important when supporters go unchecked that we make them feel a responsibility to be citizens and not allow cyberbullying in anyone’s name,” Gyllenhaal said.
“It begs for a deeper philosophical question. Not about any individual, but a conversation that allows us to examine how we can take responsibility for our contributions to the world, what we put into the world.” —or should,” he said. “How do we stir up conversation? We see it in politics. There’s anger and division, and it’s literally life-threatening.
Gyllenhaal clarified that he was not the target of the threats and was speaking more broadly about the social media conversations.
“Is anger and division our future? Or can we be empowered and empower others, while simultaneously putting empathy and civility into key conversations? We should have this discussion.”
- Ranbir Kapoor seen shooting for animals in Manali!
- Neha Dhupia has the cutest workout partner. Hint: it’s not
- To see you have to see the reaction of Navya Naveli Nanda
- Alia Bhatt, Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh and other stars
- Janhvi, Khushi and Anshula Kapoor
- ‘Barry’ season 3 review: Bill Hader reloads for HBO
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor’s unseen pre-wedding ceremony
- Is husband Ranbir Kapoor missing Alia Bhatt? what is here
- Tara Sutaria added a stunning look to her Heropanti 2
- Rocky and Rani’s love story of Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt