Sachin Tendulkar congratulated Sakibul Ghani for his “solid performance”.© Twitter
Tendulkar tweeted, “Congratulations to Sakibul Ghani on his brilliant performance in his debut Ranji Trophy match. Keep it up.’
The batsman scored 341 runs in just 405 balls with the help of 56 fours and 2 sixes. He maintained a strike rate of 84.20.
Ajinkya Rahane scored a century for Mumbai in the match against Saurashtra on Thursday, the first day of the Ranji Trophy.
Delhi batsman Yash Dhul also registered a ton on his first-class debut against Tamil Nadu in Guwahati.
The Ranji Trophy will be held in two phases and it has now been confirmed that the Pre-Indian Premier League (IPL) phase will run from February 10 to March 15. The post-IPL phase will run from May 30 to June 26.
This season, 64 matches will be played in the Ranji Trophy in 62 days.
Topics mentioned in this article
- Man shot, on camera, after killing ex-wife, daughter
- F1 world champion Max Verstappen receives Laureus World
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Tamil Nadu took steps to cut off the power of the governor
- Maharashtra: After Kitty Somya family, Delhi BJP
- “At least he will speak less”: On Krunal Pandya’s dismissal
- Prime Minister in Jammu | You will not have to face the troubles of your parents
- “She Should Have Smith”: Krunal Pandya’s ‘Kiss’
- France’s Emmanuel Macron wins second term, other top