new Delhi: Two men with a shotgun were arrested for snatching and robbing high-end racing bikes, police said on Saturday.
He said that the accused have been identified as Arjun (25) resident of Nabi Karim and Bharat (22), resident of Kishanganj.
Police said they were staying in a rented room in the Kashmiri Bagh area of Shastri Nagar, away from their family, to escape their arrest.
The arrest took place on Friday, when, during routine checking of vehicles near Old Delhi Railway Station, police noticed two men on a scooty from Chhatta Rail side at around 6.15 pm.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sagar Singh Kalsi said that when the two men saw the police barrier, they tried to flee by taking a U-turn, but were caught.
Police said that during interrogation, the accused revealed that they were inspired by the Bollywood film ‘Dhoom’ and confessed to committing several robberies and snatchings using their racing motorcycles in North, North-West, Central and Outer districts.
A country-made pistol, two live cartridges, 10 expensive mobile phones and two racing motorcycles used in committing the crime and escaping from the spot have been recovered from them, police said.
He said Arjun was earlier involved in seven criminal cases and Bharat nine.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra